NexSens TS210 Thermistor String User Guide
The NexSens TS210 Thermistor String provides high precision temperature measurements for profiling in lakes, streams, and coastal waters. It features an integral titanium thermistor secured and epoxied in a protective housing for underwater deployments.
- Protocol: Modbus-RTU
- Baud Rate: 19200
- Parity: N81
- Default Address: 1*
- Universal Address: 251
- Format: Big Endian
- Timeout: 500ms
*On a string with multiple nodes, the nodes will be addressed in increasing numerical order.
Modbus-RTU Register Information
|Function 0x04 (Read input registers)|
|Registers||Data Type||Data Size||Purpose|
|0x0006,0x0007||Float||2 registers||Requests the temperature recorded by the T-Node FR in Celsius|
Ex. FB, 04, 00, 06, 00, 02, 85, 90
- Requests the Celsius temperature reading of a T-Node FR from the universal Modbus address of 251.
|Function 0x10 (Write multiple registers)|
|Register||Data Type||Data Size||Purpose|
|0x1000||Integer||1 register||Changes the Modbus Address of the T-Node FR|
Ex. FB, 10, 10, 00, 00, 01, 02, 00, 05, 0D, 36
- Changes a T-Node FR at the universal Modbus address of 251 to a new address of 5.
UW-R FL Cable Connections
This cable is an accessory that may be purchased separately for integration with a third-party data logger, however, it is not necessary when the temperature string has a factory-installed UW connector.
|Receptacle Pin||Wire Color||T-Node FR|
|6||Yellow||RS232 RX Pass-through|
|8||Orange||RS232 TX Pass-through|
It is recommended that field deployments be carefully planned, and it is best to completely configure the system on a lab bench and test it for a period of time prior to taking it to the field. This will ensure a successful deployment and quality data collection. Additionally, it is much easier to troubleshoot problems in the lab than in the field.
TS-Clamp mooring line connection
- Unscrew the TS-Clamp to reveal the two distinctly sized, cut O-Rings.
- Place the larger O-Ring onto the temperature string cable and the smaller O-Ring on the mooring line.
- Offset the O-Rings so that when the temperature string is given slack, the O-Rings are aligned.
- Set the bottom half of the clamp below the O-Rings.
- Ensure that the O-Rings are in the proper sized slots on the clamp.
- Enclose the line and the string with the top half of the clamp.
- Ensure to match the sizes of the O-Rings with the grooves in the clamp.
- Tighten down the TS-Clamp and repeat these steps to place another Ts-Clamp above the TS210 or T-Node FR.
NexSens Data Logger Connction
- Setup your data logger on WQData LIVE by following the Quick Start Guide included with your order, or by visiting the NexSens Knowledge Base | Data Logger | User Guides on the NexSens website.
- Once the TS210 string has been configured for deployment, and the data logger setup on WQData LIVE plug the string into the data logger.
- After the next logger reading:
- Confirm that all of the nodes on the string have been uploaded.
- Ensure that they show valid temperature readings.
- Gather a few readings before deployment.
There is very little maintenance required for TS210 temperature strings because they are designed for long-term deployments in submersible applications.
- Any bio-fouling that accumulates on TS210 temperature strings during deployments should be cleaned using a soft cloth or soft-bristled brush along with soap and water.
- TS210 thermistor strings should be stored in a cool, dry place.