Configure Sensor Scripts
Only a subset of the available sensor scripts loaded onto each X2 logger is enabled to run by default. Using CONNECT, it is possible to set which sensors are scanned during detection to reduce completion time or to enable less common sensors.
Show Enabled Sensors
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- On the CONFIG tab, click the Read Script List button.
- All of the sensor detection scripts loaded onto the SD card of the X2 will appear.
- Checkmarks will be placed next to those which are enabled to run by default.
Modify Sensor Detection List
- As desired, enable or disable detection scripts using the check-boxes to the left of each listed sensor.
- Note: The 0001-NexSens X2 Internal Diagnostic sensor should always be checked. This supplies vital system diagnostic information.
- The more scripts that are enabled, the longer the sensor detection process will take. It is advised to select only the sensors which will be connected to the X2.
- Once any changes have been made, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Read Script List button and select Write script autodetect enable flags.
- A prompt will appear indicating that the selected sensor scripts have been enabled to run.
- It is recommended to confirm successful update of the script list, following any changes, by clicking the Read Script List button again.
Add/Update Sensor Scripts
In certain situations, it may become necessary to add a new or updated sensor script to the X2. In such cases, NexSens will provide the script file, which is transferrable to the X2 through CONNECT.
- Copy the .lua script file provided by NexSens locally to the PC running the CONNECT software.
- Select the drop-down arrow to the right of the Read Script List button and select the Transfer script file to X2 option.
- Locate and select the script file to add using Windows explorer.
- A confirmation prompt will appear identifying whether the selected script is an updated version of an existing file or a new file altogether. Click Yes to proceed with uploading the new script.
- The script upload will take approximately 10 seconds (potentially longer depending on the script size), and a prompt will appear indicating a successful transfer.
- Select the Read Script List option.
- Check the box next to the newly added script and click the Write script autodetect enable flags option to enable it to run.
- Note that any 9000-series script will supersede all other standard script options and will be set to run automatically.
- Following the next sensor detection request or logger power cycle (if no sensors have been detected yet), the new script will run.