Direct Data Upload
Data from any X2 data logger can be uploaded to an Excel-compatible .csv file using the CONNECT software and a UW6-USB-485P cable.
Upload Data Manually from an X2 Logger
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- From the CONNECT main window, select the DATA tab.
- Select Read Configuration. CONNECT will scan the X2 and compile a list of all sensors and parameters that are being collected by the system.
- Once the configuration has been loaded, the Logger View tab on the left will display the system serial number and all sensors with their respective parameter list.
- From the Logger View window, check the box next to those parameters for which data should be uploaded.
- It is often desirable to skip over the (12) diagnostic X2 Meta Parameters to speed up the process.
- Upload speed will vary depending on the number of parameters being uploaded, the frequency with which they were logged, and the length of time for which the data record has been collected.
- Click Upload Data.
- The progress window will display the parameter number which is currently being uploaded.
- Once all available data for the selected parameters have been uploaded, a prompt will appear indicating the successful completion.
- Click the Open Data Folder button from the Data tab to jump to the .csv location and access the files.
Download Utility Notes
- The CONNECT utility presently names files based on the parameter names and default units.
- Subsequent downloads from the X2 on the same PC will resume from the previous data point and append to the original .csv file if present.
- If the data files are deleted or transferred out of the CONNECT data folder, starting another download will create a new .csv (resuming from the same point).
- To re-upload starting from the first recorded data point, the CFG folder inside the CONNECT installation directory needs to be deleted and the program re-launched.