Adjust auto-report generation offsets.
Automatically generated reports from WQData LIVE often need to have their start times offset to accomodate for the upload delay (imparted by sensor sample acquisition and data logger telemetry connection processes) on the final data point. If no offsets are entered, reports that are delivered may be missing the most recent data point since the values were not yet available when the report was generated.
- Hover over the Report header of the project on WQData LIVE to view the list of saved (memorized) reports.
2. Locate and click on the saved report that is configured to send automatically.
3. Select the Send|Email or Send|FTP/SFTP option, depending on which is being used, to load the current report generation/destination settings.
4. Locate the Begin Date Time section beneath the schedule activation options of the report menu.
a. In the sample report below the daily report may be missing the 12am local time rain reading since the data logger is likely to be in the process of recording/transmitting this value to WQData LIVE at this time.
b. An appropriate offset entered in the HH:MM format will allow sufficient time for the data logger to upload the 12am reading before the daily report is generated, resulting in a complete dataset.
5. For cellular systems, a 5 minute offset is generally more-than-sufficient to address the afformentioned ‘missing’ final data point in a report.
6. Once the offset is entered click Done and acknowledge the schedule update success prompt.