Maintenance of the UW6 Battery Backup system includes:
- Battery Replacement whenever the voltage falls below ~11.0V, every 3-5 years, or if performance declines (whichever comes first)
- Replacement of the enclosure vent every 2-3 years, or if the vent sustains physical damage
- Desiccant replacement any time the enclosure lid is opened, or if moisture is observed inside
- Replacement of the Solar (Charge) Regulator only in the event of failure
- The 15V-2A AC-DC power adapter which supplies charge to the batteries only requires replacement in the event of failure.
- If removing the Battery Backup from service, disconnect the ‘PWR OUT’ cable from the battery box
- Any devices connected to this port will continue to draw power and will drain the batteries.
- Connect the AC Adapter to allow the batteries to charge for a few hours every 3-6 months.
- Check the battery voltage periodically to verify they remain in a healthy range (~12-15V).