The UW6-BB uses two NexSens A01 batteries connected in parallel. Replacement batteries can be purchased from NexSens technology, or comparably-sized 12V SLA AGM-type batteries can be sourced locally and substituted in their place.
- Open the battery backup enclosure lid using a Flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the foam spacer pieces positioned between the lid, batteries, and solar regulator.
- Lift the regulator out of the enclosure and set it aside.
- Unplug the AC adapter cable from the ‘AC IN’ port on the enclosure and disconnect all leads from the batteries to remove power.
- Remove the piece of foam holding the top battery in place.
- Lift the terminal strip off of its velcro base and set it aside.
- Remove the old batteries that require replacement.
- Place the new batteries into the enclosure.
- Re-insert any pieces of battery spacing foam that were removed in the replacement process.
- Align the terminal strip with its velcro pad and reseat it back into its original position.
- Place the regulator back into the enclosure along with its piece of spacing foam.
- Set the remaining pieces of spacing foam on top of the batteries in the same positions as before.
- Reconnect the leads to both batteries.
- Place the lid back on the enclosure, making sure no wires will be pinched in the process, and tighten the four Flathead screws evenly in a cross pattern.
- Re-connect the AC Adapter cable to the ‘AC IN’ port on the enclosure to resume charging.