Replace Solar (Charge) Regulator
The 6A solar regulator (NexSens P/N N10108) inside the UW6-BB does not require regular maintenance. Regulator failure, generally indicated by a flashing or solid red LED, is rare but can occur.
- Open the battery backup enclosure lid using a Flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the foam spacer pieces positioned between the lid, batteries, and solar regulator.
- Unplug the AC adapter cable from the ‘AC IN’ port on the enclosure and disconnect the positive leads from both batteries to remove power.
- Loosen the terminal screws associated with the red, yellow, and black leads from the regulator using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Disconnect the regulator leads from the terminal strip.
- Carefully cut the white zip tie bundling the regulator to the battery wires to free up the regulator and remove it from the enclosure.
- Connect the new solar regulator to the terminal strip, maintaining the same wiring positions and tighten the connections securely.
- [Optional] Bundle the regulator cables to the battery lead wires using a new zip tie.
- Replace the piece of foam holding the regulator in place.
- Set the remaining pieces of spacing foam on top of the batteries in the same positions as before.
- Reconnect the leads to both batteries.
- Place the lid back on the enclosure, making sure no wires will be pinched in the process, and tighten the four Flathead screws evenly in a cross pattern.
- Re-connect the AC Adapter cable to the ‘AC IN’ port on the enclosure.