Setup Gmail Account to Allow WQData Live Access (Iridium)
X2 data loggers utilizing satellite/iridium telemetry rely on a secure gmail account hosted by NexSens as a medium to store, and eventually, upload data to WQData Live. Although this option is available to all customers that purchase an iridium system, private gmail accounts can be setup to achieve the same purpose. Follow the steps below to setup a user-owned gmail account to send iridium data messages to WQData Live.
Iridium Setup on WQData Live
- On the top right of your WQData Live project page, travel to the Admin | Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced Device Remote Configuration.
- Enter key ‘nexsens’ to access the Advanced Device Remote Configuration settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select the site containing the iridium data logger.
- Scroll down to Transmission Settings and choose Iridium Satellite from the drop-down menu under New Value.
- Enter the following settings into the available fields:
- Modem IMEI
- Email Server: imap.gmail.com (Insert this server name if using Gmail; however, any host domain will work.)
- IMAP Port: 993 (Usually 143, or 993 when using SSL)
- Pull down and select ‘Yes’ and input the email address and password for the Custom Transmit Email, along with the email address for the Custom Command Email.
- Custom Transmit Email
- Receives the emails sent from the logger to WQData LIVE.
- Custom Command Email
- Sends queue commands from WQData LIVE to the logger.
- Custom Transmit Email
- Select ‘Yes’ for Use SSL for IMAP
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the configuration menu.
Important: The number of transmitted parameters, sensor logging intervals, and the system transmission intervals all affect satellite data usage and telemetry costs. Ensure that the configured iridium data plan can support the desired system settings. Follow the link below to
- Choosing Which Parameters Are Transmitted (X2 Only)
- Changing Sensor Logging Intervals
- Changing Data Logger Transmission Interval
Iridium Setup on Gmail Account
Note: Ensure to sign out of all google accounts and only sign in to the iridium gmail account.
- In the gmail account, click on the gear icon in the top right of the page to open the gmail settings.
- Travel to Forwarding and POP/IMAP at the top of the screen.
- Click Enable IMAP and save the changes.
- Use the keypad icon at the top right of the screen to open the google account settings. Click on Account.
- Choose Security.
- Scroll down to Less secure app access and ensure that it is set to On.
- Disable captcha login by accessing the following URL and pressing Continue.