Setup Gmail Account to Allow WQData LIVE Access (Iridium)
X2 data loggers utilizing Iridium satellite telemetry transmit data messages via the Iridium network to an email server. The data messages can then be downloaded from the email server to the WQData LIVE web datacenter.
In order to facilitate this process, NexSens hosts a secure Gmail account as a medium to store and upload data to WQData LIVE. Although this option is freely available to all customers that purchase an Iridium system from NexSens, private Gmail accounts can be set up to achieve the same purpose. Follow the steps below to set up a user-owned Gmail account to send Iridium data messages to WQData LIVE.
Iridium Setup on Private Gmail Account
Note: Ensure to sign out of all other Google accounts and only sign in to the Iridium Gmail account.
- In the Gmail account, click on the gear icon in the top right of the page to open the Gmail settings.
- Navigate to Forwarding and POP/IMAP at the top of the screen.
- Click Enable IMAP and save the changes.
- Use the keypad icon at the top right of the screen to open the Google account settings. Click on Account.
- Choose Security.
- Scroll down to Less secure app access and ensure that it is set to On.
- Disable captcha login by accessing the following URL and pressing Continue.
Once this is complete, the Iridium data loggers can be configured on WQData LIVE.