CB-75 Data Buoy Overview
The CB-75 Data Buoy is a simple, compact platform that integrates the X3-SUB Submersible Data Logger for both water and atmospheric observations. The buoy features (3) 1.5″ sensor pass-through ports, an integrated solar tower with (3) 4-watt solar panels, and a topside plate supporting a solar marine light, weather stations, and other environmental sensors. An optional EXO-S cage supports the YSI EXOs series of water quality sondes.
Key Components and Definitions
Buoy Hull – Constructed of cross-linked polyethylene foam with a durable polymer outer layer and stainless steel plates on the top and bottom of the buoy, providing a net buoyancy of 75 lb (34.00 kg).
Stainless Steel Plates – The top-side stainless steel plate provides (3) lifting handles, and the bottom-side stainless steel plate provides (3) 3/8″ eye nuts supporting drifting, tethering, and mooring applications.
The key specifications of the CB-75 data buoy are given below:
- Hull Outer Diameter: 21” (53.34cm)
- Hull Height: 13” (33.02cm)
- Center Hole Inner Diameter: 5.5” (13.97cm)
- Center Hole Height: 13″ (33.02cm)
- Pass-Through Hole Diameter: 1.5″ (3.81cm)
- Tower Height: 8.2” (20.83cm)
- Solar Panels: 3x 4-watts
- Weight: 28 lb. (12.70kg); 40 lb. (18.20kg) with X3-SUB
- Net Buoyancy: 75 lb. (34.00kg)
- Hull Material: Cross-linked polyethylene foam with polyurea coating & stainless steel deck
- Hardware Material: 316 stainless steel
- Mooring Attachments: 3x 3/8” eye nuts