Instructions for interfacing the RM Young 52202 or 52203 with a NexSens iSIC data logger:
IMPORTANT: Review the manufacturer’s manual for the sensor to ensure that the sensor is properly configured for integration with a third party data logger prior to connecting the device to the iSIC.
1. Route cables and wires through one of the gland fittings installed on the iSIC enclosure.
2. Unplug the green terminal strip from the iSIC before inserting sensor wiring. The left terminal strip is designated for digital inputs (RS-485, RS-232, SDI-12, etc.) ; the right for analog inputs (mV, 4-20 mA, etc.).
3. Connect the sensor wires to the terminal strip as shown in the diagram below.
IMPORTANT: Verify that no wires are loose or clamped on the insulation as this will cause intermittent or failed communication. Seal and caulk the gland fitting to prevent moisture intrusion and maintain the NEMA4X rating of the iSIC enclosure.
- If you are using a heated rain gauge and wish to use the integrated heating unit, be sure to connect the cable from the RM Young AC adapter to the pins designated ‘Heater C’ and ‘Heater D’ on the rain gauge terminal strip. You need to use the RM Young AC adapter because the iSIC does not have a 24VAC output signal. Therefore, an AC power source must be near the location of the rain gauge installation.
- Only one rain gauge may be connected to the iSiC at a time.
4. Add the Device through the iChart Setup Device Wizard, and refer to the iChart Knowledge Base for additional information and troubleshooting.