Instructions for interfacing the FloWav StingRay with a NexSens iSIC data logger:
IMPORTANT: Review the manufacturer’s manual for the sensor to ensure that the sensor is properly configured for integration with a third party data logger prior to connecting the device to the iSIC.
1. Route cables and wires through one of the gland fittings installed on the iSIC enclosure.
2. Unplug the green terminal strip from the iSIC before inserting sensor wiring. The left terminal strip is designated for digital inputs (RS-485, RS-232, SDI-12, etc.) ; the right for analog inputs (mV, 4-20 mA, etc.).
3. Connect the sensor wires to the terminal strip as shown in the table below.
IMPORTANT: Verify that no wires are loose or clamped on the insulation as this will cause intermittent or failed communication. Seal and caulk the gland fitting to prevent moisture intrusion and maintain the NEMA4X rating of the iSIC enclosure.
|1. SDI-12||–||16. Tip||–|
|2. SW.A||Blue||15. Ring||–|
|3. BAT||–||14. Ex.5V|
|5. P1.Rx||–||12. AD1||–|
|6. P1.Tx||–||11. AGND||–|
|7. GND||–||10. AD2||–|
|8. P2.Rx||–||9. AD3||–|
|9. P2.Tx||–||8. AGND||–|
|10. GND||–||7. AD4||–|
|11. P3.Rx||–||6. AD5||–|
|12. P3.Tx||–||5. AGND||–|
|13. GND||Jumper 1||4. AD6||–|
|14. DIO0||–||3. AD7||–|
|15. DIO1||–||2. AGND||Jumper 1|
|16. Rain||–||1. DA0||–|
- A jumper must be placed between the iSIC’s digital and analog ground since this sensor shares a common ground between power supply and signal output.
4. Add the Device through the iChart Setup Device Wizard using a Generic mV Sensor, and refer to the iChart Knowledge Base for additional information and troubleshooting.