Run Sensor Detection
Reference the X2 Sensor Detection overview article and the Auto-Detection Troubleshooting article before proceeding. The detection process will permanently alter the X2 data logger programming and should only be attempted when a new or altered sensor is being added to the system.
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Within this section is a list of all the sites and data loggers within the project.
- Select the logger that should run a sensor detection. The Basic Remote Device Configuration menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and locate the Others section.
- In the Detect Sensor row, set the New Value field next to Yes.
- Click SAVE and complete the confirmation prompt to submit the command for processing.
- Prior to submitting the sensor detection command, double-check that all considerations laid out in the Sensor Detection Troubleshooting guide have been met.
- At the next scheduled logger transmission, the sensor detection command will be applied. Depending on the number of sensor scripts enabled to run this process can take between 2-15 minutes to complete.