Run Remote Sensor Detection
A new sensor detection can be administered on an X2 data logger from WQData LIVE. Before proceeding, reference the X2 Sensor Detection overview and the Auto-Detection Troubleshooting guide. The detection process will permanently alter the X2 data logger programming and should only be attempted when a new sensor is being added to the system or changes are being made to existing sensor configurations.
To run remote sensor detection through WQData LIVE:
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. This section lists all of the sites and data loggers within the project.
- Select the logger that should run a sensor detection. The Basic Remote Device Configuration menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and locate the Others section.
- In the Detect Sensor row, set the New Value field next to Yes.
- Click SAVE and complete the confirmation prompt to submit the command for processing.
- Prior to submitting the sensor detection command, double-check that all considerations laid out in the Sensor Detection Troubleshooting guide have been met.
- At the next scheduled logger transmission, the sensor detection command will be applied. Depending on the number of sensor scripts enabled, this process can take 2-15 minutes to complete.