Set Transmit Flags and Start Time/Interval
Transmit flags, which control whether or not a parameter is transmitted to WQData LIVE, can be enabled or disabled for all X2 diagnostic and detected sensor parameters. This feature helps reduce the overall size of and limit a data transmission to only the necessary diagnostic or sensor parameters. Conveniently, the data will still be logged internally within the X2, allowing for direct data upload of these additional parameters later.
Additionally, the transmit start time and the transmit interval can be set through CONNECT. Setting the transmit interval to a later date will provide time for the user to deploy the sensor, allow the sensors to stabilize with their surroundings, and then push up accurate data once the logger and sensors are properly deployed.
This feature is particularly useful in Iridium data systems where data transmission is very expensive and, in many cases, only periodic data is needed in real-time to ensure the system is still operational.
Adjust Parameter Transmit Flags
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- From the CONNECT main window, select the TRANSMIT tab.
- Select Read X2 Tx flag from the Transmit Flag drop down list to view the current parameter transmit flags.
- Disable parameters from transmitting by removing the check mark next to the parameter name and then clicking Write Tx flag to X2.
- For Iridium systems, it is recommended to disable all other diagnostic parameters besides primary power and internal humidity.
- For all other parameters, it is best to review the Iridium data plan to determine the desired parameters that will be transmitted to WQData LIVE.
- If no change is required to the transmit start time or interval, skip to the final section WQData Setup.
Set Start Time and Transmit Interval
- Select the Start time/ Interval (sec) drop down list and choose the Read X2 Tx start time and interval to get the current start time and transmit interval.
- Adjust the start time by either entering the date and time manually using the MM/DD/YY hh:mm:ss format or by clicking on the calendar icon and choosing a date.
- Note: The earliest start time is the default start time of 12/31/1969 19:00:00.
- Example below: The start time has been set for July 15th, 2021 at 19:00:00.
- Change the transmit interval by manually entering the new transmit interval in seconds.
- In the example below, the new transmit interval has been set to transmit 3600 seconds or every hour.
- Once all transmit interval settings have been adjusted, select the Start time/ Interval (sec) drop down list and choose the Write Tx start time and interval to X2.
Once the transmit settings have been adjusted, go to the following article to push the new configuration to WQData LIVE.