Run Sensor Detection
A brief explanation of the X2’s sensor auto-detection process, including some important notes on its method of operation and limitations, can be referenced here.
- Confirm that all sensors are connected to the X2 through one of the available sensor ports.
- Confirm that 12V power is applied to the system
- Pole-mount X2 systems or X2-SDL systems without internal D-cell batteries will draw on the 5V USB cable power, which may be insufficient for certain sensors.
- X2-CB systems will draw upon the larger 12V SLA batteries inside the buoy data well compartment even when the USB cable is connected.
- From the Configuration tab, select the drop down arrow next to the ‘Read Script List’ button and choose the Run sensor detection option.
- Acknowledge the sensor detection warning by clicking Yes.
- Progress of the sensor detection process will be indicated in the Status field at the bottom of the Configuration tab.
- The Read Configuration command from the Upload tab can be sent after waiting 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the #scripts enabled to run) for the detection to confirm which sensor(s) were identified and programmed into the X2.