Run Sensor Detection
Once the sensor script list is configured in accordance with the sensors that will be connected to an X2 logger, the CONNECT software can be used to run the sensor detection process. Before proceeding, reference the X2 Sensor Detection overview and the Auto-Detection Troubleshooting guide for a brief explanation of the X2’s sensor auto-detection process, some important notes on its method of operation and limitations, and troubleshooting advice if connected sensors are not detected properly.
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- Verify the desired sensor scripts are enabled to run for the detection.
- Once the sensor detection is completed, please note the sensor ports accordingly. The sensors must always be connected into the same port they were detected on to run properly.
- Confirm that 12V power is applied to the system.
- Pole-mount X2 systems or X2-SDL systems without internal D-cell batteries will draw 5V power from the USB cable, which may be insufficient for many sensors.
- X2-CB systems will draw from the larger 12V SLA batteries inside the buoy data well compartment even when the USB cable is connected.
- From the CONFIG tab, select the drop down arrow next to the Read Script List button and choose the Run sensor detection option.
- Acknowledge the sensor detection warning by clicking Yes.
- Progress of the sensor detection process will be indicated in the Status field at the bottom of the Configuration tab. It will normally take anywhere from 2-10 minutes to complete depending on the number of scripts enabled to run.
- After waiting for the detection process to complete, navigate to the DATA tab. Click the Read Configuration command to confirm which sensor(s) were identified and programmed into the X2.