YSI H-3401 Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges
The YSI H-3401 is a precision tipping bucket rain gauge with optional SDI-12 output for use in hydro-meteorological applications.
- Two removable stainless steel funnel screens
- Rustproof, powder painted aluminum enclosure and cast base
- Built in microprocessor automatically corrects errors
The YSI H-3401 is a precision tipping bucket rain gauge with optional SDI-12 output for use in hydro-meteorological applications. The SDI-12 feature converts a standard tipping bucket rain gauge into a “smart” SDI-12 sensor with additional capabilities.
Output Data Parameters
- Accumulated rainfall since last measurement
- Raw bucket count since last measurement
- Total accumulation
- Total daily accumulation (today)
- Total daily accumulation (yesterday)
The H-3401 is easy to use and works with any data logger with a switch closure or SDI-12 input. It scales the bucket tips into units (inches, meters, etc.) and provides a built-in accumulation of daily and total rainfall. The SDI-12 unit also provides mathematical correction for bucket volume errors due to varying rainfall rate.