YSI EXO3s Multi-Parameter Water Quality Sonde
The YSI EXO3s is a compact, batteryless sonde that comes with the same capabilities as the EXO3, and is ideal for specialized applications where external power is supplied.
- Ideal for spot sampling or attachment to data buoys, AUV's, drones, etc.
- Smaller, lighter sondes can be deployed in tight spaces
- A more budget-friendly EXO without alkaline batteries
The YSI EXO3s represents an advanced sonde platform that offers a wide range of capabilities to those dedicated to monitoring natural aquatic environments such as oceans, estuaries, rivers, lakes, and groundwater. With a highly efficient power management platform, robust construction and chemistry-free anti-fouling system, EXO allows accurate data collection for up to 90 days between service intervals.
Multi-Port Water Quality Sonde
The EXO3 sonde includes four sensor ports and a central anti-fouling wiper option. Sensor (not included with sonde purchase) parameters include:
- Dissolved oxygen
- Total algae (phycocyanin or phycoerythrin along with chlorophyll)
- Fluorescent dissolved organic matter (fDOM)
- Rhodamine WT
- UV nitrate
- ISE ammonium
- ISE nitrate
- ISE chloride
Outputs Four Calculated Parameters
- Specific conductance
- Total dissolved solids (TDS)
- Total suspended solids (TSS)
Onboard Signal Processing and Memory
All EXO sensors are digital sensors with onboard signal processing and memory. Built-in sensor diagnostic and calibration data allow users to calibrate multiple sensors in one sonde and distribute them to various other sondes in the field. Wet-mateable connectors allow for swaps in wet conditions, while active port monitoring automatically detects each sensor and verifies operation.