In order to update a SDL’s firmware using a UW-USB-485P communicaiton cable, the communication protocol must be changed to RS-485.
1. Establish temporary RS-485 communicaiton with the device by following the steps in the Direct connection with an SDL500 via RS-485 article.
2. From the menu bar select Edit | Preferences.
3. Switch to the GUI tab.
4. Check the “Enable advanced interface” box, then click OK.
5. From the menu bar select Advanced | iSIC | iSIC.
6. Confirm that the correct PC Com Port and Address are selected and set the Connection to iSIC (Direct connect).
7. Click Connect.
8. Click the General tab.
9. Check the “Change protocol” box and from the drop down menu select RS-485.
- Record the current protocol for future reference.
10. Click Apply. The iSIC data logger is now permanently configured for RS-485 communication.
11. Update the device firmware by following the Updating an iSIC or SDL’s firmware process.
12. Repeat steps 5-10 to change the protocol back to the original configuration.