iChart has the ability to be configured to send an alert or alarm as a text message to a cell phone. For this service to work, email service must first be configured in iChart. For more information on email configuration, see Setting Up Email Service in iChart.
1. Open iChart with a current project.
2. From the menu bar select Project | Setup iChart Alarm.
3. In the dialog box that appears, choose the parameter the alarm or alert is to be set to.
4. Click Add to add the alarm or alert to the list.
5. In the dialog box that appears, customize the alarm or alert accordingly. Categorize it as an alarm or alert, set its reason for triggering (i.e. low threshold), give limiting values, a value of the parameter at which the alarm will reset at, specify a count (how many times the parameter must exceed or go below a value before triggering the alarm/alert), and choose “Send email message”.
6. For the email address enter the cell phone number followed by the corresponding extension based on the phone’s service provider.
- AT&T – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verizon – email@example.com
- T-Mobile – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sprint PCS – email@example.com
- Virgin Mobile – firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Cellular – email@example.com
- Nextel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boost – email@example.com
- Alltel – firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Enter the desired message to be sent when the alarm is triggered.
8. Click OK on all dialogs when done setting up an alarm or alert to return to the main screen of iChart.
9. To edit, copy, or remove the alarm/alert, return to the Project | Setup iChart Alarm dialog and choose the corresponding option.