Some sensors have the capability to connect directly to a computer without an iSIC data logger. To use these sensors, iChart has to be configured for a direct communication method using the Setup Device Wizard.
1. Open iChart with a current project, or create a new project by selecting File | New Project.
2. If the Setup Device Wizard is not shown, select Project | Setup Device Wizard…
3. Click Next to begin.Then create a Site name or select an existing Site and click Add, then clickNext.
4. Select iChart Computer from the drop down list and click Add, then click Next.
5. Find the sensor manufacturer from the drop down list on the right, then choose the model from the available list of sensors. Click Add. Sensors not included in the list can be added by selectingGeneric as a manufacturer.
6. Follow the on screen instructions to finish the Setup Device Wizard.