The NexSens 3100-MAST arrives fully preconfigured with a cellular data logger and 20 watt solar panel. The setup incorporates an integrated cellular modem and over-the-air communication to transmit data in realtime.
- Data logger with cellular modem
- 20-Watt solar power kit
- Cellular antenna with mounting bracket
- RF cable
- Pole mounting kit
- 2” NPT aluminum pole with PVC cap and aluminum coupling
1. Thread the entire system onto the end of a pre-installed 2” NPT pipe using the female coupling.
Note: To maximize performance, the solar panel should be oriented to the southern hemisphere and angle adjusted to approximately 45 degrees.
2. If the system will be set up on a pole that is pre-installed in the ground then additional grounding is not required. Otherwise, an A38 ground kit or A38-P pipe attachment ground kit should be connected from the copper lug on data logger enclosure to an appropriate earth ground.
3. Plug the MS2 connector on the end of the solar panel cable into the MS2 port on the iSIC enclosure.
4. Power the iSIC by connecting the 12 volt battery. Observe the green blinking LED in the hole at the end of the analog terminal strip. This only blinks for 15-20 seconds during warm-up to confirm that the data logger is powered and ready.
5. Typically the 3100-iSIC modem is factory activated and tested for cellular service. However, modems can be activated by the user. See the articles on activating cellular modems for more information: AT&T EDGE Modem, Sprint iDEN Modem, Verizon CDMA Modem.
Note: If a cellular account is not set up, the RS-232 iSIC interface cable can be used for direct connection.
6. Following modem activation, connect the cellular DB9 cable inside of the enclosure to the DB9 port between the green iSIC terminal strips.
7. Connect sensors to the data logger. See the appropriate sensor interface manuals for wiring and other details. Bring any cables into the enclosure by removing a port plug and installing a gland fitting from the iSIC Kit.
Configuring with iChart
1. Install iChart software on a Windows computer.
2. Ensure power is supplied to the data logger.
3. Add the 3100-iSIC to an iChart project file. To accomplish this: Follow the Setup Device Wizard to add a site name, and then select 3100-iSIC from the list of NexSens data loggers. Enter the correct IP address at the prompt and click Test Connection to check communication.
4. Add sensors in iChart by selecting the manufacturer and model number.
5. Continue the Setup Device Wizard and click Program iSIC to conclude configuration.