Move Data Loggers Between Projects
Owners of data loggers on WQData LIVE may move loggers between sites as necessary. All device information and collected data will move to the new site. Before moving a logger, it is required that the logger is removed or “unassigned” from its current site.
Removing/”Unassigning” a Device
- To remove/”unassign” a device from a current site, navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the gray bar that says Project/Site to open a drop-down menu. Choose Sites to view all sites within the project.
- Choose a site to view the site settings, and locate the logger within the Assigned Devices list.
- Click on the desired device and click the right-facing arrow to move the device into the Unassigned Devices list.
- Unassigned Devices will now be available for movement into a new site.
- Create a new site within the existing project or in a new project following the guide below:
- Since the user account still has ownership of the logger, the new site will display the logger in the Unassigned Devices list.
- Choose the device from the Unassigned Devices list and click on the left-facing arrow to move the device into the Assigned Devices list.
- Click SAVE when finished.