Configuring Event Based Transmission (G2/iSIC V2 Only)
Cellular G2 and iSIC V2 systems can be configured to assume an alternate data transmission frequency when a recorded parameter exceeds a user-defined threshold. This enables the system to upload data infrequently and minimize power and data consumption and during normal operation, yet increase the frequency of logging and transmission of data during critical events.
To configure event based transmission of data:
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this tab is a list of the sites within the project. Click on the site and the logger that will be set up with an event-based transmission schedule.
- For a G2-RAIN system, a Rain Event Transmission will occur when rainfall in excess of the user-specified rate is recorded.
- By checking the box and inputting a unit value, the G2-RAIN will transmit each qualifying data point as soon as it is logged.
- Once a reading below the set rate is recorded, the G2-RAIN will resume uploading data at its standard transmission interval.
- For an iSIC-V2 system, an Event Based Transmission will occur when a parameter exceeds or falls below a user-specified unit value.
- By checking the box next to the parameter and inputting a unit value, the iSIC-V2 will transmit all data immediately when it records a measurement that exceeds the given threshold.
- Once a reading for the parameter normalizes, the iSIC-V2 will resume uploading data at its standard transmission interval.
- Once the desired changes are made, click SAVE at the bottom of the Device Remote Configuration display and ensure that the command has been entered into the Command Queue.
- The command will be applied following the next scheduled transmission of the data logger, or can be quickly updated by removing and reapplying power on the system.