Configuring Event Based Transmission (G2/iSIC V2 Only)
Cellular G2 & iSIC V2 systems can be configured to assume an alternate data transmission frequency when a recorded parameter exceeds a user-set threshold. This enables the system to upload data infrequently and save on power and data costs while normal conditions persist, while allowing real-time telemetering of data during a critical event.
Device Remote Configuration
- To set up Event-Based Transmission for your data logger, navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this tab is a list of the sites within the project. Click on the site and the logger that will be set up with an event based transmission.
- For a G2-RAIN system, a Rain Event Transmission will occur when rainfall in excess of the user-specified rate is recorded.
- By checking the box and inputting a unit value, the G2-RAIN will transmit each qualifying data point as soon as it is logged.
- Once a reading below the set rate is recorded, the G2-RAIN will resume uploading data at its standard transmission interval.
- For an iSIC-V2 system, an Event Based Transmission will occur when a parameter exceeds or falls below a user-specified unit value.
- By checking the box next to the parameter and inputting a unit value, the iSIC-V2 will transmit all data immediately when it records a parameter value outside its threshold.
- Once a reading for the parameter normalizes, the iSIC-V2 will resume uploading data at its standard transmission interval.
- Once the desired changes are made, click SAVE at the bottom of the Device Remote Configuration display and ensure that the command has been entered into the Command Queue.
- The command will be applied following the next scheduled transmission of the data logger, or can be quickly updated by removing and reapplying power on the system.