Changing Data Logger Transmission Interval
The Transmit Interval in the Device Remote Configuration Tool determines how often a data logger will power up its telemetry to contact the WQData LIVE Web Datacenter. On each transmission, the data logger will:
- Upload all newly logged data.
- Process all settings changes listed in the Command Queue.
To update data logger transmit intervals in WQData LIVE:
- Navigate to the Device Remote Configuration tool within the administrator settings.
- Select the site and desired data logger to make adjustments.
- In the Transmit Interval section, enter the desired frequency in the New Value field.
- Intervals are entered in minutes with an accepted value range of 5 to a maximum of 1440 minutes (1 day)
- Note: Transmit frequency changes will impact system power consumption. Verify the selected value is sustainable given the telemetry type and power source prior to adjusting the interval for solar-charged systems.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click SAVE.
- A success prompt should appear.
- Following the data logger’s next transmission to WQData LIVE, the transmission change will be applied and the Current Value field for the Transmit Interval will update.