Changing Data Logger Transmission Interval
The Transmit Interval in the Remote Device Configuration menu determines how often a data logger will power-up its telemetry to contact the WQData LIVE Data Center. On each transmission the data logger will:
- Upload all new logged data.
- Process all settings changes listed in the Command Queue.
To update data logger transmit intervals in WQData LIVE:
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this tab is a list of all the sites and data loggers within the project.
- Select the logger that requires a transmission interval change. The Basic Remote Device Configuration menu will appear.
- In the Transmit Interval section, enter the desired frequency in the New Value column.
- Intervals are entered in minutes with an accepted value range of 5 to a maximum of 1440 minutes (1 day)
- Note: Transmit frequency changes will impact system power consumption. Verify the selected value is sustainable given the telemetry type and power source prior to adjusting the interval for solar charged systems.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click SAVE.
- Following the data logger’s next transmission to WQData LIVE, the transmission change will be applied and the Current Value field for the Transmit Interval will update.