Changing Data Logger Transmission Interval
The Timed Transmission setting in the Remote Device Configuration menu determines how often the data logger will power-up its telemetry to contact the WQData LIVE Data Center.
Each transmission the data logger will : (1) Upload all new logged data and (2) Process all settings changes listed in the Command Queue.
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this tab is a list of the sites within the project. Click on the site and the logger that requires log interval changes.
- Navigate to the Time Based Transmission section of the menu.
- Enter the desired Transmission interval.
- Increasing transmission frequencies will increase power demand- for solar-charged systems, this may need adjusted seasonally to be sustainable.
- Do NOT configure transmission frequencies faster than 5 minutes without first consulting NexSens Technology.
- Ensure the Starting at field displays a past date and time. Otherwise the logger will not transmit until the listed time.
- Click Save and ensure that the change appears in the Command Queue at the bottom of the Remote Device Configuration menu.
- CLOSE the menu. The new transmission interval will take effect after the next scheduled transmission on the data logger
- The change will be immediately applied by disconnecting and re-applying power to the logger.