Changing Sensor Logging Intervals
Independent log intervals can be configured for each sensor connected to an X2 or G2-Series data logger through the Basic Remote Device Configuration menu.
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this is a list of all the sites and data loggers within the project.
- Select the logger that requires the change. The Basic Remote Device Configuration menu will appear.
- Locate the Log Interval section of the configuration menu and enter the desired data collection interval for each sensor.
- Intervals of 5 minutes to 1440 minutes (1 day) are accepted.
- Increasing the logging frequencies of sensors will increase power demand for the system. Verify the adjustment is sustainable if the system relies on solar-charged battery power for operation.
- Certain sensors take multiple minutes to record and process a reading. Contact NexSens to verify the maximum recommended sampling frequency of a device before increasing its frequency.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click SAVE.
- Following the data logger’s next transmission to WQData LIVE, the log interval change(s) will be applied and the ‘Current Value’ field for the Log Interval will update.