Changing Individual Sensor Logging Intervals
The Remote Device Configuration tool allows the user to input individual logging intervals for each sensor. This allows for reduced data and power consumption and personalization of the desired data.
- Navigate to the ADMIN | Settings tab found at the top of the project dashboard.
- Click on the Device Remote Configuration tab. Under this tab is a list of the sites within the project. Click on the site and the logger that requires log interval changes.
- Navigate to the Timed Data Acquisition section of the menu.
- Expand the listing for each sensor and enter in the desired data collection interval.
- Note: Increasing the logging frequencies of sensors will increase power demand for the system.
- Certain sensors take multiple minutes to record and process a reading. Contact NexSens to verify the maximum recommended sampling frequency of a device before increasing its frequency.
- Ensure the Starting at field displays a past date and time. Otherwise the associated sensor will not begin recording readings until the listed time elapses.
- Averaging settings allows the user to setup the sensor to take multiple readings for every logged value. Learn more about X2 averaging option HERE.
- Click Save and ensure that the change(s) appears in the Command Queue at the bottom of the Remote Device Configuration menu.
- CLOSE the menu. The new logging interval(s) will take effect after the next scheduled transmission of the data logger
- The change will be immediately applied by disconnecting and re-applying power to the logger.