Configure X2-Base Radio Local Alarm
The CONNECT X2 base radio utility can monitor the status of configured alarms on a WQData LIVE project. When the base radio utility is enabled, a base radio X2 can be tasked to turn on 12V power to its P2 sensor port whenever a WQData LIVE alarm is triggered.
An external device connected to this port, such as a buzzer or beacon, can notify personnel of the alarm in the event that traditional methods of notifications (SMS or email) are not available.
Note: An active internet connection on the PC running the CONNECT software is required for data to be uploaded to WQData LIVE and local alarming to be processed.
Activate Local Alarm Feature
- Configure the X2-Base Radio following the article below.
- Locate the WQData LIVE Project ID number. This appears as the first number in the URL.
- From the Upload tab, navigate to Tool | Local Alarm in CONNECT.
- Complete the Local Alarm setup and click OK.
- The WQDataLIVE Project ID is the value identified in Step 1.
- Contact NexSens Technology to acquire the unique WQDataLIVE Alarm IDs for which the offline alarming should be based.
- Set the Silent Duration (min), which is the period between alarm activations.
- If the alarm is still active, the X2 base radio will provide 12V power again to port P2 to acknowledge the continuation of the alarm.
- If desired, the external 12V notification device can be tested by manually toggling on the X2 Base’s 12V sensor port power via the Turn ON 12V SW or Turn OFF 12V SW options.