Configure X2-Base Radio Data Collection
The majority of X2-Series Radio Systems will arrive pre-configured. Aside from establishing power and sensor connections, users utilizing a PC base station for communication will need to load and configure the CONNECT software to begin acquiring data via WQData LIVE.
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software.
- Set the X2 Base Radio option under the Comm Settings window to Yes.
- Switch over from the ‘Configuration Tab’ to the Upload tab in CONNECT.
- Note that data will not be uploaded if the utility is left open on the Configuration Tab.
- With its radio antenna equipped, connect the UW6-plug connector of the USB cable to the Base Radio X2’s central port.
- On startup, the base X2 will contact WQData LIVE to check for commands. The following three lines in the Output window indicate this process was successful.
- To immediately confirm the connection of one or more field X2 radio systems, power them up within 5 minutes of powering on the base X2.
- The same three lines of diagnostic text will be reproduced for each field radio that successfully makes contact with the base station.
- All systems will sync up and make contact if powered up at different times, however this will take one additional transmission interval to occur.
- With CONNECT left running on the PC, data will automatically be pulled in from the field systems and uploaded to WQData LIVE at the configured transmission interval.