Configure X2-Base Radio Data Collection
The majority of X2-Series Radio Systems will arrive pre-configured. Aside from establishing power and sensor connections, users utilizing a PC base station for communication will need to load and configure the CONNECT software to begin acquiring data via WQData LIVE.
Note: An active internet connection on the PC running the CONNECT software is required for data to be uploaded to WQData LIVE and local alarming to be processed.
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- Set the X2 Base Radio option under the Comm Settings window to Yes.
- Switch to the DATA tab and select the lightning bolt icon under properties.
- The Successfully open COM port indicator should appear. Click OK.
- The COM port must be opened in this tab to allow for data upload to WQData LIVE.
- Go to the WQDATA tab and select Setup WQData LIVE to confirm communication of the base radio and WQData LIVE.
- The Successfully started WQData LIVE setup indicator should appear. Click OK.
- Ensure the base radio antenna is installed.
- Go back to the DATA tab.
- Note: Data will only upload to WQData LIVE if the DATA tab is open.
- Once setup is complete, the base X2 will contact WQData LIVE to check for commands. The following three lines in the Output window indicate this process was successful:
- To confirm connection of the field X2 radio systems, apply power within 5 minutes of powering on the base X2.
- The same three lines of diagnostic text will be reproduced for each field radio that successfully makes contact with the base station.
- Note: All systems will sync up and make contact if powered up at different times; however, this will take one additional transmission interval to occur.
- With CONNECT left running on the PC, data will automatically be pulled in from the field systems and uploaded to WQData LIVE at the configured transmission interval.
- Ensure that the monitor running the CONNECT software does not go to sleep, or else transmission to WQData LIVE will stop.