The stored sensor configuration of an X2 data logger can be cleared if necessary. After this is done, no sensors will attempt to be read until a new sensor auto-detection has been completed. Effects on programming are permanent, so this option generally should only be used when advised by NexSens Technology.
- Connect the X2 logger to a PC and launch the CONNECT software. Test connection by reading the RTC clock of the logger in the CONFIG tab.
- From the CONFIG tab, select the down arrow next to the Erase button and choose Erase Sensor Config.
- Click Yes to acknowledge the warning prompt that appears.
- The status line at the bottom of the CONFIG tab will indicate when the sensor programming has been erased.
- At this time, it is recommended that the X2 be reset, either through a manual power cycle or by clicking the Reset X2 button on the CONFIG tab.
- As the prompt indicates, the X2 cannot acknowledge the reset once it has been done (the diagnostic output text will always indicate communication failure). Check the logger LEDs or listen for the onboard buzzer to confirm the reset has occurred.
- Following the reset, the X2 will automatically begin the sensor auto-detection process.
- Note: Certain sensors connected to the X2 may not receive enough power to run from the USB and will not be identified during the detection process as a result. It is highly recommended to re-power the logger using a 12VDC power source until the re-detection is completed.