X2 Environmental Data Logger Overview
The X2 is an all-in-one environmental data logger that can be controlled from any internet browser using a smartphone, tablet, or PC. It automatically recognizes sensors and sends data to the WQData LIVE web data center via Wi-Fi, cellular, radio, or satellite telemetry. There, data is presented on a fully-featured and easy-to-use dashboard where remote, real-time communication with the logger is possible. The X2 includes three sensor ports that are compatible with most environmental sensor protocols including SDI-12, RS-232, and RS-485. All connections are made with a simple thread-in connector, and the built-in sensor library automatically facilitates setup and configuration.
The key specifications for the X2 Environmental Data Logger are given below:
- Material: Anodized aluminum
- Weight: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions: 4.9″ (12.45 cm) Diameter, 4.77″ (12.12 cm) Height
- Power Requirements: 5-24 VDC +/-10% (Reverse polarity protected)
- Current Draw (Typical @ 12VDC): Low power sleep: 350uA; Logger Active: 35mA; Wi-Fi Transmitting: 43mA; Cellular Transmitting: 300mA
- Peak Current: Power supply must be able to sustain a 500mA 1-second peak current (@ 12V)
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Rating: IP67 (Standalone); IP65 (With telemetry)
Internal data logging and processing are driven by the features below:
- Data Logging: 256MB microSD card (expandable up to 32GB)
- Data Processing: Parameter level polynomial equation adjustment; Basic & Burst Averaging (min, max, standard deviation, and raw data available)
- Real Time Clock (RTC): <30sec/month drift; Auto-sync weekly; Internal backup battery
- Assumes 25°C operating temperature and internet connection for syncing.
- Sensor Interfaces: SDI-12, RS-232 (3 Channels), RS485
- Sensor Power: (3) 12V regulated switch channels with 1.5A capacity
- Cumulative concurrent current limit of all three channels is 2A
- Built-in Sensors: Temperature (-40 to 85°C, 0.1°C resolution, ±0.3°C accuracy); Humidity (0% to 100%, 0.1% resolution, ±4% accuracy from 5 to 95% RH & -20 to 70°C); Battery voltage
- Sensor Ports: (3) 8-Pin for Sensor Interface (RS-232, RS-485, SDI-12, 5V, 12V, GND)
- Power Port: (1) 6-Pin for Power and Communication (Primary/Secondary/Backup Input, RS-485 Host, GND)
The CONNECT software enables users to interface directly with any NexSens X2-Series data logger using a UW6-USB-485P cable. It supports a growing number of diagnostic and configuration tools to facilitate system setup and troubleshooting.
The X2 supports Wi-Fi, radio, cellular, and satellite telemetry. A radio to cellular option is also available.
- Communications: 802.11b/g/n (Direct to X2 or Connect X2 to an existing network)
- Antenna: Internal to device
- Range: 250 ft. maximum
- Actual distances may vary by location.
- 900MHz Mesh Network (902-928 MHz)
- 2.4GHz Mesh Network (2.4-2.483 GHz)
- 2G: GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS/HSPA+ 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE Bands B2(1900), B4(1700), B5(850), B12(700ac), B13(700c)
- Short Burst Data (SBD) 1616 MHz to 1626.5 MHz
WQData LIVE Web Datacenter
WQData LIVE is a web-based project management service that allows users 24/7 instant access to data collected from NexSens G2, X2, and V2 platforms. Users can configure and update systems remotely via their telemetry based option.