This article demonstrates how to mount a GMX 600 weather station onto a buoy solar tower.
-Phillips head screwdriver
-Zip Ties (recommended)
-(3) 10-32 X 5/8″ Pan head screws
-(3) #10 lockwashers
-(3) #10 flat washers
- Route the GMX 600 cable through the top of the buoy solar tower.
- Attach the pole mount onto the solar tower by twisting it onto the pre-installed PVC base.
- Route the GMX 600 cable through the opening on the pole mount. Align the key of the station base with that of the cable . Once the pins are aligned, twist the connector until a slight click is felt.
- Place the GMX 600 onto the pole mount.
- Place a #10 lockwasher and a #10 flat washer onto each of the 10-32 X 5/8″ screws.
- Use the Phillips head screwdriver to tighten down the screws until they are in gentle contact with the plastic cable connector within the mount.
- Do not over-tighten the screws or the plastic connector could be damaged.
- Once the assembly is finished zip ties should be used to tether the cable to the base of the mount to reduce pressure points.
- It is recommended cable armoring be installed at all locations where the sensor cable will contact an irregular surface- principally where the cable presses against the slotted stainless steel mount.