YSI Sondes can be used with iChart software as sensors connected through an iSIC data logger or as ‘standalone’ devices. When used without an iSIC, the time and date of a sonde needs to correspond to all other data loggers in the same iChart project file and to the PC to in order to display correct and up-to-date readings.
1. Connect the YSI Sonde to a PC.
2. Open iChart without a current project.
3. Select Advanced | Sensor Interface | YSI Sonde Terminal from the menu bar.
4. Choose the correct PC COM port and Connection type. Leave “Use iSIC” unchecked.
5. Type “menu” and press “Enter”.
6. Choose option 5.
7. Choose the “Date & time” option.
8. Select the date or time to make changes.
Note: Be sure to follow the appropriate date format
Note: If the date reads 01/01/2000 and/or the time reads around midnight regardless of the current time then the battery inside the YSI Sonde is dead and must be replaced.