Nexsens provides different options for mounting junction boxes in the field. Mounting ears are provided with all A50 and A50-S junction boxes. These ears can be used for wall or pole mounting.
1. Find the diameter of the pole which will be used and determine the corresponding U-bolt size necessary for mounting. U-bolts can be found at most local hardware stores. NexSens recommends (2) stainless steel U-bolts each with a single mounting plate for this application.
2. Mark the centers of two holes to be drilled for the U-bolts to fit through. Do this on the thinner part of both supplied mounting ears.
3. Drill the holes in both mounting ears using a drill bit that is 1/16” larger than the thickness of the U-bolt. For example, a 3/8” thick U-bolt would require a 7/16” bit.
4. Attach the mounting ears to the junction box with the supplied screws.
5. Hold the junction box at the desired height along the mounting pole. Place the U-bolts around the pole and through the newly-drilled mounting ear holes. Then position the U-bolt plate and fasten the nuts evenly on the top and bottom of the junction box.