1. Gather the following tools:
- small Phillips head screwdriver
- small flathead screwdriver
- adjustable wrench.
2. Open the black junction box on the solar panel by using the small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the cover plate.
3. Disconnect the regulator from the solar panel by loosening the pins connecting the Red, Black, and Yellow wires. This can be done by opening the black box on the solar panel with a small Phillips head screwdriver and a small flathead screwdriver used to loosen the wire connections.
4. Remove the solar regulator from the black box by loosening the gray nut inside the black box.
Note: Be sure not to lose the white gasket on the regulator.