NexSens 3100-iSIC and SDL500 data loggers manufactured prior to July 2013 used the Sierra Wireless Raven XT modem. The GPRS version of this modem requires user installation of a SIM card.
1. If working with an SDL, remove the outer SDL housing following the Remove SDL500 Housing article. If working with an iSIC, unscrew the mounting plate’s (4) screws to allow access to the modem.
2. Remove the USB port cover from the modem as shown.
3. Remove the (2) screws from the modem.
4. The plate can now be removed to reveal the SIM card.
5. Gently slide the SIM card out of the modem.
6. Install the new SIM card. Orient the cut corner of the SIM card to the cut corner outline on the circuit board.
7. Place the plate back in place and secure with the two screws.
8. Replace the USB cover.
9. If working with an SDL, re-assemble the SDL housing following the second half of the Remove SDL500 Housing article. If working with an iSIC, install the (4) screws to reattach the mounting plate.