In order to collect data from an iSIC that is connected to another iSIC, pass-through settings must be made in iChart. This article assumes an iChart project file and data loggers have already been programmed.
1. Right click on the data logger in the iChart Navigation Panel and select Property. The iSIC Data Logger Communication Properties window will appear.
2. Enter the correct iSIC address for the secondary iSIC.
3. Select the correct connection settings.
4. Click OK.
5. Right click on the data logger in the iChart Navigation Panel and select Property.
- The setting that were just made should still be shown.
6. Check the “Connect through another iSIC or SDL” box
7. Enter the iSIC address of the main iSIC.
8. Select the port on the main iSIC to which the secondary iSIC is connected.
- If RS-485 is being utilized, select this option instead of the port number.
9. Click OK.