In some instances, it may be necessary to set a sample or log interval using the Advanced iSIC interface.
1. Open iChart with the current project file. Click Advanced | iSIC | iSIC. The iSIC Setup window will appear.
2. Enter the appropriate communication settings for the data logger. Confirm the COM Port if applicable and enter the iSIC/SDL address. If unknown, the address may be left at zero for direct connect or cellular systems. For radio systems, the correct address must be entered.
3. Click Connect.
4. When “Connect” changes to “Disconnect”, click the General tab. This will allow the configuration of the iSIC or SDL500 to be read. Confirm that there is information in the Status group box of the General tab (iSIC Time, Main Battery (V), RTC Battery (V), Firmware). If “???” can be seen in some areas, double check the communication settings in the Connection tab and reattempt connection.
5. Click the Logging tab.
6. Check “Log interval (min)” and “Sample interval (min)” and enter the desired values.
7. Click Apply.
8. After the log and sample intervals have been successfully set, go back to the Connection tab and click Disconnect, then close the iSIC Setup window.