NexSens iSIC data loggers can connect to iChart software directly, or through the following telemetry options: analog phone modem, cellular modem, spread spectrum radio, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi. When setting up a new system or testing new configurations it is essential to establish and confirm communication between the iSIC and the PC.
1. Open iChart without a current project.
2. Supply power to the iSIC by connecting the battery leads. Watch for the green LED above the analog strip to confirm iSIC power.
3. From the menu bar select Advanced | iSIC | iSIC.
4. Select the correct PC COM port, Connection and iSIC Address. Press Connect.
5. Switch to the General tab.
6. If there are values displayed in the “Status” group box then the connection has been confirmed. If no values are shown, return to Step 4 and double-check the PC COM Port and Connection.