In order for a base radio to communicate with iChart, the correct COM port needs to be selected. Sometimes the base radio’s COM port and the port that iChart checks for the base does not match. If this is the case, the best option would be to change the COM port that iChart checks for the base radio.
1. Open a project in iChart.
2. Right-click on the 4100-iSIC or SDL500R located in the navigation panel.
3. Select Property.
4. Go to PC COM Port and select the desired COM port.
5. Click the Test Connection button to ensure communication.
6. Click OK to return back to the instrument control screen. The radio will now be set to the specified COM port.