The NexSens 6100-MAST arrives fully preconfigured with a cellular data logger and 20-watt solar panel. The setup incorporates an integrated Iridium satellite modem and over-the-air communication to transmit data from anywhere on Earth.
- Data logger with Iridium satellite modem
- 20-Watt solar power kit
- Cellular antenna with mounting bracket
- RF cable
- Pole mounting kit
- 2” NPT aluminum pole with PVC cap and aluminum coupling
Configuring with iChart
1. Install iChart software on a Windows computer.
2. Connect sensors to the data logger. See the appropriate sensor interface manuals for wiring and other details. Bring any cables into the enclosure by removing a port plug and installing a gland fitting from the iSIC Kit.
3. Directly connect the 6100-iSIC to the computer via the RS-232 interface cable.
4. Power the iSIC by connecting the 12 volt battery. Observe the green blinking LED in the hole at the end of the analog terminal strip. This only blinks for 15-20 seconds during warm-up to confirm that the data logger is powered and ready.
5. Add the 6100-iSIC to an iChart project file.
To accomplish this: Follow the setup device wizard to add a site name and then select 6100-iSIC from the list of NexSens data loggers. Change the Connect through option to Direct to PC and then select the correct COM Port.
6. Add sensors in iChart by selecting the manufacturer and model number.
7. Continue the Setup Device Wizard and click Program iSIC to conclude configuration.
8. Right-click on the 6100-iSIC in the Site tree located in the navigation window of iChart. Change the Connect Through option to “Internet” and enter the IMEI number located on the inside of the door of the 6100-iSIC.
1. Thread the entire system onto the end of a pre-installed 2” NPT pipe using the female coupling.
2. If the system will be set up on a pole that is pre-installed in the ground, then additional grounding is not required. Otherwise, use the copper lug on data logger enclosure to connect to an appropriate earth ground.
3. Plug the MS2 connector on the end of the solar panel cable into the MS2 port on the iSIC enclosure.
4. Connect the DB-9 cable inside of the enclosure to the DB-9 port between the green iSIC terminal strips.
5. Verify that all sensors are connected properly and power is supplied to the data logger.
Reconfiguring the data logger
To change settings like log and sample interval, follow the procedure below:
1. Directly connect the 6100-iSIC to the computer via the RS-232 interface cable.
2. Open the project file in iChart. Right-click on the 6100-iSIC in the Navigation Panel.
3. Change the Connect Through option to “Direct to PC” and then choose the correct COM port. Settings can now be modified.
4. When finished, reconnect the modem with the DB-9 cable and change the Connect Through option back to “Internet”.