Configure Network Settings
Wi-Fi only models of X2 data loggers can be configured to upload their data to the WQData LIVE datacenter over a local wireless network.
- Establish a connection to the X2’s direct Wi-Fi network.
- Access the Main Menu
- Navigate to Settings|Network
- Toggle the Wi-Fi Mode to Network
- Enter in the SSID, security settings, and password of the wireless network the data logger will be using.
- Move to the bottom of the page and click the Save Settings button.
- A prompt will appear requesting the X2 Wi-Fi be reset by inserting a magnet into the lid.
- Cycling power (for X2-CB or X2-SDL models) will also accomplish this reset.
- Disconnect the laptop or mobile device used to configure the logger from the X2’s network.
- An X2 cannot simultaneously connect to a mobile device and a local wireless network. Any mobile device connection to the X2 will prevent it from connecting to the local wireless network and contacting the WQData LIVE data center.
- Due to the above, it is generally advisable to have the device ‘forget’ the X2’s network so that it does not auto-reconnect to it.