Alarm test emails can be sent to confirm that an alarm is properly configured.
- Navigate to ADMIN | Alarms on the WQData LIVE project page.
- Select the Enabled display option to view all active alarms. Click on the one that should be tested.
- Ensure all desired alarm recipients are listed in the Trigger Action field and click the orange TEST button in the footer of the configuration summary list.
- Confirm the test and then click OK to dismiss the test success prompt.
- Wait approximately 5 minutes for the test notification email to be sent to the recipient list.
- Values of zero will be displayed for all parameters involved with the alarm in the test email.
- Note that text messages may have minor to severe delays depending on the ISP.
- If recipients do not receive the test email:
- Verify the notification list was properly entered into the Trigger Action field using one email address per line and containing no leading or trailing spaces or extra characters.
- Check the recipient’s spam or junk folders as the message may be flagged.