Data API Key
The ADMIN tab allows the user to create new keys and edit existing keys. Up to 10 API keys can be generated for each project.
Create a new key
- Navigate to Admin|API on the WQData LIVE project page.
- Expand the API Keys section by clicking on the gray bar (if it is not already showing)
- Click Generate New Key. You will see a popup with two fields Name and Allow IP. Give your API key a name (it is required). If you want to restrict the access of the API key to an IP Address, you can enter either an IPv4 or IPv6 address. Leave it empty if you want to access data with the given API key from anywhere
- Click Save. You will get a message upon creating the key successfully.
Edit an existing key
- Click the blue pencil icon button of the API key you want to edit. The button is under the Action column in the API Keys table. You will see a popup with 3 fields Key, Name, and Allow IP. You can only change 2 fields Name and Allow IP. The field Key is not editable
- Click Save. You will get a message upon saving the key successfully
Delete an existing key
- Click the red trash icon button of the API key you want to edit. The button is under the Action column in the API Keys table. You will see the popup below. You will need to confirm the deletion by entering the API Key name into the confirmation box. The Delete button will be disabled (grayed out) until you enter the matching Name. Then, click the Delete button to delete the key
- You will get a message upon deleting the key successfully. The key will also disappear from the table