Data API Key
The ADMIN menu allows project administrators to create new API keys and edit existing keys. Up to 10 API keys can be generated for each project.
Create a New Key
- Navigate to ADMIN | API on the WQData LIVE project page.
- Expand the API Keys section by clicking on the gray bar (if it is not already showing).
- Click Generate New Key. In the popup menu that appears, give the API key a Name (required). To restrict the access of the API key to an IP Address, enter either an IPv4 or IPv6 address in the Allow IP field. If left empty, the API key will be accessible from any IP address.
- Click SAVE and confirm the message that the key was created successfully.
Edit an Existing Key
- Click the Edit button (blue pencil icon) of the API key in the Action column of the API Keys table. In the popup menu, the fields Key, Name, and Allow IP will be shown. The fields Name and Allow IP may be edited.
- Click SAVE and confirm the message that the key was updated successfully.
Delete an Existing Key
- Click the Delete button (red trash icon) of the API key in the Action column of the API Keys table. In the popup menu, confirm the deletion by entering the API Key name into the confirmation box. Once the correct name is entered, the Delete button will no longer be grayed out.
- Click DELETE and confirm the message that the key was deleted successfully and is no longer in the API Keys list.