X2 Storage Requirements
The following practices should be carried out when storing an X2 data logger for an extended period of time:
- Disconnect the 6-pin SP-series solar power pack or UW6-PW AC power adapter cable from the center port at the bottom of the X2.
- This removes power from the data logger and all connected sensors.
- This prevents the solar pack battery from running without recharge and dying as a result.
- Disconnect any telemetry antenna(s) to prevent any accidental damage resulting from field removal, transport, or storage.
- Protect all cable and port connections.
- Inspect all X2 sensor ports and cable connections ensuring there are no signs of moisture or damage.
- Cover all logger or cable receptacle ports with a UW-plug to keep moisture out.
- Keep all system cable O-rings and connectors clean by covering them with the included red (8-pin) or yellow (6-pin) polymer caps. If these caps are no longer accessible, any means of shielding the connectors from debris is acceptable.
- Use the O-ring grease included in the maintenance kit as needed to re-grease the cable/plug connector O-rings.
- Store the X2, SP solar pack or AC adapter and other logger accessories in a dry, climate-controlled environment.
- Check the battery voltage on any SP-series solar power packs monthly.
- Ensure the voltage holds at or above 12V.
- Place in the sun as needed (normally every 2-3 months) to keep the SLA battery inside topped off.