Battery Life Expectancy
The internal G2-BAT-2D battery pack of the G2-RAIN has a life expectancy ranging from 1-3 years dependent on the following:
- Data Transmission interval of 1x/day (default)
- More than 1 scheduled data transmission per day will lower battery life significantly.
- Event Based Transmissions are not factored into the life estimate and will also reduce battery life to a varying degree.
- Data Logging interval of 30 minutes (default)
- More frequent logging intervals will increase system power consumption and lower battery life.
- Deployment in a temperate environment
- Cold temperatures (near or below the freezing point) depress battery performance and can result in data transmission failure.