Each X2 ships with a bag of desiccant placed underneath the data logger circuit boards. This desiccant bag should be replaced whenever:
- The X2 enclosure is opened.
- Moisture is observed to be condensing on the inside surface of the enclosure lid.
- The Internal Humidity diagnostic parameter reads 40% or greater.
Any appropriately sized desiccant pack (the included pack is 2.8″x 1″ for reference) can be used as a replacement.
Desiccant Replacement Process
- Locate the green track wire securing the enclosure lid to the base of the X2.
- Slide tweezers or the tip of the screwdriver packaged with the X2 beneath the wire to expose it.
- Pull the end of the wire while applying pressure to the top of the X2 to remove it from the track. Tweezers or needle-nose pliers can be used if needed.
- Pull up on the enclosure lid to separate it from the X2 base.
- Locate the old bag of desiccant laying beneath the X2 circuit boards and remove it, using tweezers as necessary.
- Place a fresh bag of desiccant in its place.
- Slide the enclosure lid back over top the X2 base, ensuring that no wires are pinched.
- Align the wire entry with the machined body tag on the aluminum base.
- If the 6-pin power port of the X2 contains a blank plug, there should be discernible upwards pressure on the lid as it is pushed downward.
- If the 6-pin port is open, air should be able to be heard escaping from the port when the X2 lid is pushed downward.
- Both of these behaviors signify there is a good O-ring seal that will keep moisture out of the logger.
- Push down on the top of the enclosure and feed the wire back into its track.