Performing a power cycle on an SDL data logger such as the X2-SDL is often useful for troubleshooting purposes.
To cycle power on an SDL:
- Locate the white battery lid at the top of the SDL.
- Rotate the cap counter-clockwise to remove it.
- Note: Due to the double O-ring lid seal, this will take significant effort to loosen.
- The 3/16″ ball-point hex driver included in the SDL maintenance kit can be inserted into either of the two recesses in the lid to provide extra leverage.
- Wait approximately 60 seconds to allow residual power in the system to discharge fully.
- Thread the battery lid back onto the top bulkhead of the SDL.
- Rotate the lid clockwise and tighten securely using the hex driver.
- Once the large washer at the bottom of the white battery lid makes contact with the battery terminals, power will be applied to the SDL.
- For X2-SDL or SDL-V2 data logger models, a buzzer will emit a sound when power is applied.