Access the RTU SD card in an X2-SDL data logger
Follow the article below to access the RTU SD card within an X2-SDL data logger.
Caution!!!- Be sure to statically ground yourself prior to touching any of the electronics inside the X2-SDL logger or the SD card itself
– 3/16″ Ball-Point Hex Driver (included in logger maintenance kit)
-3/16″ Nut driver
-Phillips Screw Driver
- Use the 3/16″ hex driver to remove the four screws on the bottom bulkhead of the X2-SDL (opposite the white battery lid).
- Carefully pull the bottom bulkhead off of the X2-SDL.
- Note that two connections for the battery and RF antenna (on cellular models) will be connected to the main body and can be damaged if pulled abruptly.
- Locate and remove the four Phillips-head screws and lock-washers holding the RTU board to the main board below it.
- Gently lift up on the RTU to disconnect the board to board connection with the main board.
- Ensure to grab from the sides of the board and lift up evenly.
- The RTU SD card is located underneath the RTU board, opposite the side of the board to board connector.
- Gently push in on the SD card and it will pop out upon release.
- Use an SD card reader to download and transfer files from the SD card.
- Once the appropriate files are transferred, reconnect the RTU board, screw down the pan head screws, and reconnect the battery cable and RF antenna.
- It is recommend to apply O-ring grease before reconnecting the bulkhead to the SDL tube.