Install and Remove the Siphoning Tipping Bucket
The siphoning tipping bucket forces rainfall to flow directly onto the tipping apparatus, which allows for accurate precipitation measurements.
Follow the subsequent steps to remove the tipping bucket:
- Remove the siphoning tipping bucket from the G2-RAIN-RTU by using the 9/64” hex wrench to loosen the (3) bolts that are connecting the bucket and the RTU.
- Reference the G2-RAIN diagram below
- Slide the bucket clockwise until the (3) bolts on the side of the G2-RAIN-RTU are aligned with the vertical portion of the L-shaped slots on the side of the bucket.
- Lift the bucket up gently.
- Note: During the bucket’s first removal, ensure to remove the rubber band from the tipping apparatus.
- Reinstall the bucket by aligning the vertical portion of the L-shaped slots with the (3) bolts on the side of the RTU. Rotate counter-clockwise and re-tighten the bolts.