CB-40 Data Buoy Overview
The CB-40 data buoy is a simple, compact platform for deploying water quality sondes and other instruments that integrate power and data logging. It features an integrated 4″ diameter stainless steel slotted instrument pipe and supports mounting of an optional 1-3 nautical mile light for deployment in navigable waters.
Key Components and Definitions
Buoy Hull – Constructed of cross-linked polyethylene foam with a durable polymer outer layer and rugged stainless steel frame providing a net buoyancy of 40 lb (18 kg).
Deployment Pipe – A single 4” diameter stainless steel pass-through pipe secures water quality sondes and other instruments with integrated power and logging and provides a connection point for a single-point mooring system.
The key specifications of the CB-40 data buoy are given below:
- Hull Outer Diameter: 14.0” (35.6cm)
- Hull Height: 20.0” (50.8cm)
- Instrument Pipe Inner Diameter: 3.9” (9.83cm)
- Instrument Pipe Height: 48.0″ (121.9cm)
- Weight: 38 lb (17kg)
- Net Buoyancy: 40 lb (18kg)
- Hull Material: Cross-linked polyethylene foam with polyurea coating & stainless steel deck
- Hardware Material: 304 stainless steel
- Mooring Attachments: 3x 5/8” eye nuts