Manually Change Flash Code
The M650 beacon will only allow flash codes to be enabled that are supported by its current intensity (brightness) setting.
- If the beacon’s current intensity setting is compatible with a given flash code, this can be changed using the IR remote.
- If the intensity setting is not compatible, the IR remote command will be rejected and the flash code must be changed by accessing the beacon display directly.
- Remove the beacon from the top of the buoy solar tower by removing the three top-facing bolts using a 7/16″ socket wrench.
- Invert the beacon.
- Remove the small Phillips screw holding the cover in place and turn it counterclockwise.
- Lift up on the cover to remove it.
- Press the Set button to activate the display.
- Hold the Set button until the display flashes. Enter the beacon passcode number and hold Set to access the settings menu.
- Press the Up/Down arrows to navigate through the menu options. Hold Set once the Flash setting is in view.
- Enter the desired flash code and hold Set once finished to apply the change.
- At this time the beacon will automatically adjust to an intensity setting allowed by the given flash code. The newly set intensity will be displayed for reference.
- Re-install the beacon cover once the desired changes are made and mount the beacon back onto the buoy solar tower.