SonTek Argonaut-XR Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler
The SonTek Argonaut-XR is an advanced Doppler sonar for three dimensional water velocity measurement.
- 3-Beam transducer for 3-D velocity
- RS-232 and SDI-12 communication
- Integrated compass, tilt, and pressure sensors
The Argonaut-XR offers exceptional value for near shore deployments in less than 20 m of water. Designed specifically for mounting on the bottom of a river, channel, or harbor, the XR features a special mode that automatically adjusts one of its measurement cells for changing water level. Its small size, rugged build, and flexible system architecture make the XR attractive for both real-time operation and autonomous deployments. The basic autonomous system includes a Multi-Cell (current profiling) feature, an external battery pack, internal recorder, compass/tilt sensor, pressure sensor, and temperature sensor. Additional options such as a non-directional wave package make the XR the centerpiece of a complete oceanographic or hydrologic data collection system.
- Programmable 0.5 to 20m range
- ViewArgonaut software
- AutoTide - automatic sampling volume adjustments
- Multi-Cell current profiling feature
- Integrated compass, tilt, temperature, and pressure sensors
- Optional wave frequency spectra estimation
- SDI-12 compatible
- Proven SonTek reliability